The sun has served the entire universe by lighting without a self-motive, but the world has not been responsive to the sun’s friendly gesture. There is a famous proverb “Necessity is the mother of invention,” which means that people find the way out of some problem when it becomes a necessity. Solar power was discovered long before, but solar panels were designed after the invention of a solar cell in 1941. A solar cell is a photovoltaic cell that converts sunlight into electric energy.
Solar lights for street lighting and signs
The invention of solar cell brought a revolution in the area of solar energy that has been put to many applications. A solar panel used to convert solar energy into electric power is an assembly of photovoltaic (PV) cells. These cells are mounted in a series in the frame, called a panel. On many places, street light posts are seen with a solar panel on the top. These are commercial solar street lights that have a rechargeable battery, which is charged during the day by sunlight, and works the whole night. Solar lights for signs are similar to street lights but are used for a variety of applications.
Advantages of using solar street lights
The commercial solar street lights are widely used in modern times because of their many advantages over the conventional street lighting system. Here are a few significant benefits of solar street lights:
- There is a substantial cost saving on commercial solar street lights, as no overhead or underground cable laying work is required for their installation. It saves on digging, cable pipe laying, cable cost, and other requirements.
- These lights are energy-saving, as the inputs for power generation is the sun’s energy that is available free, and no other resources are needed for this energy.
- The generation and use of power in this way don” cause pollution.
- The operation of commercial solar street lights is not affected by the problem of short power supply, or power cuts due to natural calamities, and other reasons.
- There is no risk of electricity theft or cabler theft when solar power is in use.
- Commercial solar street lights do not require manual operation, as they automatically illuminate at night,
- They have low installation and maintenance costs.
- They don’t cost in terms of energy-consumption bills.
Advantages of using solar lights for signs
Solar lights for signs are an efficient and effective way to use for the display of various signs on buildings and streets. The illuminated signs look very beautiful and offer enhanced visibility at night. These are a greener option to save conventional electric power. Solar lights for signs are a far better alternative to neon signs that consume high electric energy. Let’s look at a few significant advantages to use solar lights for signs:
- They have hassle-free installation and movability to any location because of requirements of wiring work.
- These lights can efficiently work with a lower power LED lamp.
- These lights ensure safety against electrical hazards due to low voltage of DC power.
- Above all, solar lights for signs are quite versatile for their design, architectural requirements, and applications.
You don’t need a second thought to use these solar products.