Does the scorching sun make it hard for you to stand at your balcony? Or the heat outside irritates your customers at the cafe? It is time to install awnings and cover your windows and commercial space. Awnings in Sydney are an essential add on because of the extreme weather conditions. They cover and protect your roof and windows from being exposed to hot sun, rain and snow. Awnings in Sydney are available in many types- Stationary and Retractable. You also get to choose from materials like aluminium, cloth, vinyl, or wood.
Why are Awnings in Sydney a must-have?
- Awnings are an ideal solution when you want to protect your home or office from the harsh rays of the sun, and it also stops the damaging ultraviolet rays from entering your space.
- They are an add on that has functional as well as visual benefits because they protect your outdoors and at the same time add style and colour to your house.
- Awnings also protect your balcony, and the articles kept in your balcony from rain. Your open balcony will remain dry even during the rains when covered.
- You can install awnings in your patios and gardens as it will cover your outdoor space and give you comfort at its best.
- Installing awnings in your balcony or patio is the best way to protect your outdoor furniture as it prevents them from the exposure of searing hot sun, rainfall and snowfall. Thus increasing the life of your furniture.
- Awnings in Sydney homes can also help in saving energy costs.
Like when it is hot outside, awnings can restrict the sun rays from entering your room, and help you keep it cool which can save you some money on your annual cooling energy costs in the summer. And if you choose the retractable awnings, you can draw them back during winter and allow the sun to be a natural and free of cost room heater for you.
Different types of Awnings:
Awnings are primarily classified in 2 types i.e. stationary or retractable awnings.
Stationary awnings are fixed and have a welded frame that is attached permanently to a wall. This type of awning is ideal for smaller areas like windows and doors. They offer full weather protection and are also built to be sturdy and long-lasting.
The second type of awning is retractable. These are more popular awnings in Sydney as it can be opened or closed and adjusted as per your preference and need for shade. Retractable awnings can be extended by either a hand crank or motorized controllers. This feature makes it an ideal choice for patio, gardens or decks. Retractable awnings can be mounted to the roof and walls both as per your need. You can also draw them back or dismount them during inclement weather.
So now that you know all about awnings, you can have it installed in your balcony, patio or garden and enjoy a nice cup of coffee without the weather troubling you.