Home decor and designing are not only about the rooms, but bathroom fittings are also crucial. And the first thing that clicks to mind when it comes to bathroom fitting is the tile installed. The tidy and polished look of a bathroom mostly depends on the tile. And the latest tile option that has won people’s hearts is the travertine tile.
Travertine tiles are made of travertine stone which looks elegant and classy. It is one of the most preferred and recommended bathroom tile options in modern times. Indeed, the shapes, patterns, colours, and designs of the travertine bathroom tile are incomparable, but there are many other reasons to choose it over other alternatives.
Advantages Of Travertine Tile
Before you decide, here are the benefits of choosing a travertine tile for your bathroom
- Travertine tile gives a natural yet elegant look to the bathroom. The rustic appearance of the tile gives a homely but posh look. This look is unique and can’t resemble any other tile option.
- Travertine tile offers a variety of colours, shapes, and design alternatives. You can match the tile colour with the paint on the walls, select a pattern you like, and choose various shapes that go with the look.
- The durability of the travertine tile is top-notch. It is more challenging and more robust than most of the tile substitutes available. Little care can keep it undamaged and flawless for a long.
- Compared to other stone tiles, travertine tile is cheaper and cost-effective. The durability and look are similar or even better than other stone tiles, but the price is lower.
- Travertine tile is also suitable to get a safe bathroom. The surface is a bit rough and uneven, reducing the chance of slipping when the floor is wet.
- Cutting and shaping travertine tile is easier with machines. Thus you can easily fill up the small corners and spots with the tile to complete the look. Also, you can create new and unique patterns effortlessly by cutting the travertine tile.
- Do you know that travertine tile is eco-friendly compared to other options? This is because the manufacturing process of travertine tile doesn’t produce much waste preventing pollution. If you want to go green, this is the right choice for you.
Disadvantages Of Travertine Tile
There are a few disadvantages too. These are minor but should be known before installing for easy maintenance.
- The porous texture of the tile can take in moisture and dust, generating internal damage.
- You have to clean it regularly to maintain the shine and durability of the tile.
- A travertine bathroom tile should not come in contact with acidic substances to prevent corrosion and damage.
- The price of travertine tile may not be affordable for all.
- Travertine tiles are heavy and thus need a considerable investment of money and time to install.
To sum it up, the travertine tile is perfect and compatible with a luxury bathroom only if you can maintain it properly. Consult an expert to know more about the travertine bathroom tiles.