Timber decking is pretty popular among the masses these days. They are always looking for some of the premium quality decking options and timber seems to be right at the top of the list. Now, not everyone has the same reactions when it comes to wooden decking Alexandria, especially with something like Timber. They have mixed emotions. It is quite obvious because just like any other option or material, timber decking has its section of pros and cons to it. So, before investing money in such options, it is better to check out the positive and negative sides of such decking first.
Before proceeding any further and getting hold of the timber deck, let’s find out why more and more people are obsessed with it. Learning the pros will help you get a better knowledge of it.
- Based on the selected wood from your side, you can aim for the most budget-friendly option with the short term timber. So, people with a tight budget can also procure the right help. For the lowest material costing, you can opt for the pressure-treated wood of any form of decking type.
- Moreover, timber is here to present a completely natural look to it. So, you can aim for that rustic natural look through this wooden material. Moreover, the natural warmth of timber is hard to achieve through other metal or plastic decking options.
- You even have the right to procure the timber decks in multiple stained colors. With so many styles and textures to choose from, procuring the best option won’t be that tough of a deal.
- With some timbers like redwood, pressure-treated wood, and even cedar; the labor cost will always be towards the nominal side. Some of the sources site that most of these materials have the lowest form of upfront installation cost. So, it becomes easier to work with it, as you can shape, cut, and even sand the timber simply.
- Cedar and redwood timber materials are always less prone to warping when compared to some of the cheaper alternatives. If you end up investing money in premium quality wood, then you can turn out to be more resistant to insects and rotting. So, once installed, such decks will have higher longevity.
- Timber decking happens to be flexible enough and you can easily cut it up. Make sure to rearrange those decking planks into new layouts and styles with ease and get some new designs in the end.
- Moreover, recent studies show that hardwood decking has a longevity of over 40 years. If that wasn’t enough, these materials need less maintenance when compared to their cheaper substituted materials.
Once you are through with the pros, it is time to move your notice towards the cons. There are some negative sides to timber decking alexandria that you might need to get used to first.
- You will receive what you literally paid for. There are cheaper timber options available within budget values but they do have lower life expectancy of not more than 10 to 15 years, and only after maintaining well. Such decks are more prone to scratching and staining easily and also prone to splintering and cracking.
- Moreover, it is not hard to state that timber decking needs higher maintenance. It needs staining and painting on an annual basis, which can even add some extra cost to decking.
- On the other hand, you have to reseal and clean the timber decking once every year, if not more. So, the upkeep happens to be pretty expensive and also time-consuming. For weather damage, you need to replace boards quite often.
- The durable options under timber decking can be pretty expensive both in labor and materials. Here, you need to come across made-to-measure design and pre-drilling to hike up the design and labor costs.
- Even though timber is targeted to be a renewable material, it will still involve cutting trees down. Sourcing environment conscious and good timber can take loads of research and time.
Even though you have fair share of cons with timber decking, but the pros are likely to outsmart the negative points smoothly. So, if you do have the money for it, always head for the timber decking option. Once you have selected the best material, timber decking will last for a lifetime.