Today architects and interior designers are exploring through environment-friendly design approaches and designs made using materials that are safe to the environment. People have realized the importance of connecting with nature and the abundant benefits we get by staying close to nature. Flooring is an important element in building a house. It is extremely important to carefully analyze and pick a flooring material as it is the foundation of the building, the very base on which we walk and place heavy loads. To make sure you get the comfortable, long-lasting flooring that can withstand heavy loads, timber flooring in castle hill, Australia is your perfect choice.
Why choose wood as the flooring material?
- Wood is derived from nature and therefore is extremely safe for us as well as the environment.
- It is highly durable and can last centuries.
- It has low thermal conductivity and is best suited to all types of climate.
- It enhances the stability and toughness of the floor in handling the pressure
- Although it is strong, it gives a soothing feel to the feet when placed
- The earthy colours of wood make it appealing and give a rustic look to the house
- It is found that the wood grain and colour have an impact on our psychological moods and keeps us calm and happy.
- It has the ability to absorb noises and moisture
Key factors to be considered before choosing the right timber flooring
- Stability: Each type of wood has different relative stability owing to its nature of shrinking in summers and expanding in winters as it absorbs moisture. Although timber flooring in Castle Hill is stable over long periods of time, each wood shows different dimensional stability through the process of shrinking and expanding. Therefore, it is necessary to look for the dimensional stability of the type of wood before you purchase it.
- Density: The density of the wood is an important criterion that needs to be looked for while picking the timber for flooring. Low-density woods are light and prone to dents. Examples of low-density woods are redwood and cedar. High-density woods are heavy and resistant to dents. Examples of high-density woods are walnut and beech. The low-density woods are called softwood, while high-density woods are called hardwood. Generally, a perfect balance between the two is recommended for longer stability and durability.
- Colour: Colours have an impact on us psychologically. Wood comes in a range of earthy colours that give a calm and soothing effect on us, eliminating aggressiveness in us. From pinkish grey to chocolate brown, each colour has a different effect on the room and people who reside in it.
- Method of installation: Timber flooring in castle hill can be installed in three ways: Nailing or Gluing or sometimes a combination of both. The type of installation depends on how quick you want to fix it and the quality of the subfloor.
- Humidity: The type of timber flooring you choose should be compatible with the climate and humidity of the place in which you reside. Based on the humidity levels, the necessity to apply moisture barrier coats or not depend.