Whenever we feel some discomfort in your gums, we feel scared to go to the dentist as he might suggest going for tooth extraction in Parramatta. We all feel that tooth extraction can be a painful process and that is why we avoid going to the dentist. This is not at all advisable, because if you are suffering from tooth decay, then it might worsen with time.
The truth of tooth extraction is that is a harmless procedure and you won’t feel any pain. The dentist normally makes the affected area numb by using anesthesia and then he continues with the procedure. Tooth extraction hardly creates any discomfort for the patients.
What are the causes of tooth extraction?
You may have visited the dentist for a regular oral check-up and suddenly he suggests that you need to go for a tooth extraction. You will be surely amazed as to why is he suggesting this when there is no problem? It might seem illogical to you, but the fact is that dentists can identify potential problems that can affect you in the future. To avoid it getting worse, they try to cure the problem in the beginning stage.
A dentist can identify any oral problem by just examining your oral health. There can be many reasons why tooth extraction is needed. Dentists always think for the betterment of their patients and they try to prevent any problems which might aggravate in the future. This is the reason why they suggest you go for a tooth extraction procedure before it gets too late.
Few reasons why your tooth needs extraction:
- The beginning stage of tooth decay. Tooth decay can occur due to irregular cleaning of teeth.
- When the tooth decay has damaged the entire tooth and it cannot be repaired any further, that time tooth extraction becomes necessary.
- If the deciduous teeth are still intact and it is preventing the permanent teeth from growing, tooth extraction is necessary to clear the way for the permanent teeth to grow.
- Misalignment of teeth which are affecting day to day lifestyle needs to be extracted.
- Tooth extraction in Parramatta is also done during other oral surgical procedures. In order to conduct these procedures, few teeth are removed to make space.
Tooth extraction can be done surgically only. The time range for tooth extraction in Parramatta ranges from 5 to 30 minutes.
The tooth extraction procedure happens in 3 steps:
In the first step, local anesthesia is given to the affected area. After the anesthesia is administered, the area around the affected area becomes completed numb and senseless.
Using a tool known as an elevator, the dentist then cuts off all the ligaments which are holding the tooth to the gum. This tool has blunt tips
The last step involves the removal of the teeth. In this step, the dentist uses a forceps to remove the tooth carefully from the gum. A good dentist will be very careful during this step because while pulling out the affected tooth, he needs to make sure that other teeth are not affected.
These are a few steps that are followed during the tooth extraction in Parramatta procedure. It is not painful at all, therefore, without any fear you can go ahead for your wisdom teeth removal in Parramatta.