If you plan to renovate the existing bathroom or make a new bathroom in the house, then back to wall toilet can be a very good option. They create a sleek and modern outlook for the bathroom and have a lot of advantages. This type of toilet is the best alternative for standard close-coupled toilets. A clean, hygienic, and well-designed toilet looks good and increases the utilisation space of the bathroom. The look and the design of the bathroom are very important considerations before planning to renovate the bathroom. The toilets must match the tiles, vanity units, and fittings of the bathroom. The back-to-wall toilet fitting is preferred for any compact houses or apartments.
The reasons for buying
There are several types of toilets available in the market, but back-to-wall toilets are mostly preferred for various reasons like:
- Space management is one of the reasons for considering this toilet style. Due to their hidden cistern, they look smaller and require less space to fit, and majorly it is fit behind the wall. They are best for small bathrooms, under-stair toilets, or ensuites. These toilets can also be wall-mounted and even requires less space.
- It increases the aesthetics of the bathroom and gives a pleasant look to the space because of its hidden cistern and clean outlook. These toilets are mainly fitted to the cabinet or wall that hides covers the cistern and the plumbing part. There are different kinds of designs available that will blend with the bathroom’s style and colour.
- They are not only aesthetically beautiful but also very comfortable. These types of toilets can be hung on the wall, and hence they can be installed at any height as per the user’s choice.
Styles of such toilets
Back-to-wall toilets are mostly of modern styles and designs that fit all contemporary houses or apartments because they do not have many big bathrooms for themselves.
- They mostly have curved and angular lines. Curve-shaped bathrooms are used in family bathrooms, and the angular-shaped ones are used to add some contemporary style to the bathroom.
- It is better to look for small toilets of this style because they will have smaller projections and increase the bathroom space.
- Most of the toilets of this style are made up of ceramic and white glossy in colour.
Installation is not very easy for back-to-wall toilets. All the plumbing walls must be inside the wall or maybe in a separate unit. It will demand updating the pipes, and for any future repair, the plumbing task will be huge and involve cost. To avoid inconvenience, it is better to use a removable panel to ensure that the access is not an issue during any repair work. It is also practical to install a back-to-wall toilet and basin unit, which will save a lot of space in the bathroom.
If the installation is not done with a unit, it becomes more difficult because the toilet will need a stud wall or boxed section for the cistern and the plumbing part. The plumbing experts will make things easy, and there is nothing to worry about because the bathroom must look neat with the best fixtures in place.