The Chinese antique coffee table is the most popular and widely used in China. It is usually made of teak wood and occupies a large area. The design of the Chinese antique coffee table varies widely. If you want to buy a coffee table, you can refer to the following information to help you choose one.
- Description: The dimensions of the Chinese antique coffee tables are generally small, and they are often used as side tables or tea tables. The ancient Chinese people believed that big furniture would bring bad luck, so they liked to use small furniture for their daily life.
- Appearance: The surface of the coffee table should be smooth and easy to clean. You can also choose a colour that matches your room style. If your coffee table is made of wood, you can choose light or dark colours depending on your personal preference.
- Materials: Coffee tables are usually made with wood and glass, durable materials that look elegant and high quality. You can also choose metal for producing your coffee table if you want to decorate it with vases or other decorations on top. Tables like these are essential in your home because they serve their primary purpose and look great. You will most likely keep them for many years unless you get tired of them or if you move to a new house or apartment. Chinese antique coffee tables used to be carved out of wood by hand. Because of this, the quality was not always consistent from one piece to another. This caused some variations in the final look of each table. If you have one with beautiful carvings on it, you can be sure that it was made by an expert craftsman who has been working for many years to perfect his craft. The design will be pleasing, functional and sturdy enough for daily use without issues.
- How To Take Care Of It: A Chinese antique coffee table is a beautiful piece of furniture that can add a touch of oriental style to your home. However, being an antique, it requires extra care to preserve its old-world charm.
- Treat your coffee table with care: Use a coaster and be sure that it stays dry. This is an essential point because moisture is known to cause damage to wood. So do not put anything on the table which can become wet if spilled on, like a glass of water or cup of coffee. Open books and magazines on the table by placing them vertically instead of horizontally so that if any liquid falls on them, it will drain away from the book. Do not place hot objects directly on the table’s surface since they might burn them and leave a permanent mark. Antique furniture should always be covered with cotton cloths or dust sheets to protect it from insects. Do not place foodstuff on its surface as this will attract ants, cockroaches, and other insects, which can damage the wooden surface. Also, do not leave strong-smelling flowers such as jasmine near the furniture as these may attract insects too.