If you take a look at the pallets from a distance, you will feel like you are looking at stacks and stacks of similar wooden structures that bear hollow central areas and occasional brownish stains. But once you take a closer look, you will realize that these pallets are not at all identical. The manufacturers use different materials and dimensions to make the pallets for sale Sydney.
It is time to learn about some of the common types:
1) Block pallets:
These are popular for the four-way entry system, implying that you can use a forklift on all four sides to access the things inside.
- The usual constituent materials are plastic, plywood, or wood, comprising four to twelve wooden posts of cylindrical shape that stabilize the top deck boards.
- Bottom boards can be present or absent.
- The design uses parallel and perpendicular stringers that enhance handling efficiency.
2) Stringer pallets:
These particular pallets derive the name from stringers, the boards that run from top to bottom of the deck boards and support the load of the pellet. The objects have further subdivision based on the access ways.
- Two-way stringer pallets: These pallets for sale Sydney allow access of the forklifts from two sides only.
- Four-way stringer pallets: The structure of this pallet is similar to that of the two-way counterpart. The only difference is the accessibility which is from four sides in this case.
This sub-category also has two sub-types. The notched stringers allow four-way access when you use forklifts only. But the block design pallets allow four-way access using both the forklifts and the pallet jacks.
3) Double-face pallets
You will be surprised to see the styles as these exist in two general styles –
- The double-face pallets for sale Sydney comprise decks on both the upper and bottom surfaces. To increase the strength of the pallet, there is the existence of the bottom deck, which will help in even distribution of the weight of your load. These double face pallets are available in two types-reversible and non-reversible.
- You can flip the reversible pallets and load the items on either side. But the non-reversible pallets offer only one surface for stacking with more dense packing of the planks.
4) Double wing pellets:
These pallets for sale Sydney consist of two deck boards at the top and bottom. These extend beyond the stringer boards and the stringers. You will have the illusion of seeing the wings along the sides of the pallets.
5) Solid deck pallets:
There is a single large wooden sheet on the surface of the solid deck pallets without any space. So you might like the aesthetic appeal of these particular pallets for sale Sydney. It is easy to clean these pallets and transport them too. So you can even recycle the pallets. It is easier to store or transport the smaller items that won’t slip through the cracks.
Now that you know about the different types of pallets, you can select the suitable one according to your necessity.