When faced with the scorching summer heat, there is a chance that most days, one keeps their air conditioner’s running throughout the day to ensure a relaxed and comfortable time. This has become more important today given the increase in the work-from-home culture that makes one use home resources more often. Further, reverse air conditioners have also started to gain momentum during winter to ensure interior heat retention.
Now, irrespective of the reigning weather, one option can serve the best value over its alternatives, i.e., ducted air conditioners. These are known for their optimal functional and widespread access propensity. The only cause for concern among house owners is how much the ducted air conditioning costs to run smoothly.
As per known research, if one were to consider an approximation on the costs of using a ducted air conditioner, it comes to around $150 a week during the summers, making it an even $500 per month. As for the winters, the costs incurred would be a watered-down figure of the same.
Below is a calculation to derive the indicative estimations of the ducted air conditioning cost. It can be used as a guide for calculating the cost of running one’s ducted air conditioning unit.
Cost Associated With Running A Ducted Air Conditioning Unit Per Hour:
Ducted air conditioners are among the best choices installed in Australian homes. It is primarily due to their highly functional energy-efficient proficiency that facilitates both during summers and winters. Here, before making this a reality, there are several factors one needs to consider concerning the costs of running ducted air conditioners. The general area where the ducted air conditioning unit will be cooling or heating, the local area energy prices, prevailing climate, and the thermostat temperature.
Suppose the average energy cost comes down to 35c/KWh, concurrently the cost of running a ducted air conditioning system will account for $3.5 per hour. Further, running these for 5-6 hours every day during summers would cost you close to $1700 more or less. These are estimations based on the assumption of the area and running duration; you configure the exact estimate based on your specific requirement, applicable deductions are made.
Calculate The Approximate Cost Of Running A Ducted Air Conditioning System:
- Figure out the incurred cost per KWh in cents.
- Refer to the air conditioner’s manufacturing brochure to find the total input kW at its rated capacity.
- Multiply the unit’s electricity consumption at its total rated capacity with cost per kWh. As a result, you’ll come up with the hourly cost of operating a ducted air conditioning unit.
- Evaluate the daily cost by analyzing the air conditioning unit’s daily duration and at its respective capacity.
- Suppose you learn that your electricity costs 20 cents per kWh. Whereas the air conditioning unit has the input of 3kW per KWh at total capacity, in such a case, the cost of running these per hour would yield to be 60 cents p/h.
Measure To Keep The Cost of Running Ducted Air Conditioning Down:
Substantial savings are feasible if specific steps are followed while operating these ducted air conditioning units during summers. These are:
- Set the air conditioner’s configuration at 24°.
- Optimize the zoning system and turn off the air conditioners if the room is empty.
- Ensure that a regular clean of the filter is being carried out.
- Switch on the ducted air conditioning units early in the day.
- Carry out annual servicing undertakings to ensure the units are operating smoothly.
Contact your local air conditioning distributors or technicians for more information about ducted air conditioners. They will help you by addressing any concerns and walking you through the installation process.