Whenever you are focusing on the table family, you will come across so many options. Right from the big dining table to the side tables beside your bed, options are plenty. But have you heard of the term console table? These products are pretty versatile in nature and will swing right between the over the top and quietly minimal. No matter how the Chinese Console Table looks, this item will surely demands your attention.
More about the console table:
So, before you plan to get one for your use, be sure to know what this Chinese console table actually means. It was first introduced in the 17th century in France as one rectangular slab, as supported by the wall-mounted brackets. Right now, they are mainly 30 to 36 inches in height and feature wide shallow tops. They are mainly rectangular or square in size, but you might come across the demi-lunes, which are an elegant alternative to the standard one.
- Mainly because of the unobtrusive presence, the Chinese console table is great for narrow spaces like the hallways and the entryways.
- When the square footage is at its premium scale, these tables can easily act as vanities, bars or even desks.
- You can even place one just at the back of the sofa and top it up with any decorative pieces or lighting.
The difference between the side tables:
Unlike the Chinese console table, which can easily stand alone or against a wall in your place, the side table is best to be used beside chairs or sofas. The lowest height of these side tables will make them easy to rest and reach items such as phones, books, drinks and more. On the other hand, you have the console table, which is narrow and wide and about the height of a counter. The ideal measurement of the side table will be around 20 to 24 inches tall and 16 to 22 inches wide.
Some designs you might want to watch out for:
In case you have settled to invest some money on a Chinese console table, then there are some designing tips from reliable interior designers you might want to focus on.
- For keeping the ultra-tight spaces airy, you can opt for the console with an open-legged base.
- Moreover, in the entryway section, the consoles tend to be the main attractions. So, it is better to keep the designs classy over there. You can place a seagrass basket on top for the change, keys and wallets. It will add that beautiful texture and save the foyer from clutter.
- For the hallway or entryway, it is better to select narrow consoles. The narrower these console tables are, the better. The ones, which are 12 to 15 inches deep, might be a clever option to consider over here.
If you can’t select the best Chinese console table among the lot, be sure to ask experts for help. They are more than happy to offer you the best and thoughtful options of all time.