A reefer truck works on a closed system. The task of refrigerated truck body parts is to keep sufficient temperature needed for your goods so that they can be transported without any hassle. A “reefer” basically stands for refrigerated. Reefers were originally invented to help reduce the cost of transportation, especially for perishable goods. They were used widely during the second world war to help transport perishable goods to hospitals, to the battlefield and nearby military camps. They are trailers that are designed to mostly transport perishable goods. They are properly vented and insulated for safe deliveries. Reefer trucks for sale are temperature controlled that can be used to haul deep-frozen or heated goods.
The reefer unit consists of:
- Compressor- There’s a little motor inside the reefer unit that drives the compressor. The compressor pulls the required gaseous refrigerant and, as their name suggests, compresses it. Due to the pressing factor, it condenses the gas to a liquid form. This then radiates warmth to the body of the compressor and into the air. From here, the temperature is still warm, and the refrigerant goes through to the condenser.
- The Condenser: The condenser gets the liquid from the compressor. Then, at that point, a heat transfer starts. The heat of the fluid streams to the walls of the tubing, then, goes to the outside to the appended fins. The fins give more surface area for it to cool from the external air that comes in through the condenser fan. This process is basically the same as how a radiator cools a motor.
- The Evaporator: The evaporator is present inside the trailer. Now, the refrigerant has lost the vast majority of its warmth to the condenser and become a cool fluid. Then, at that point, it goes into the evaporator through a metering valve. This valve controls the measure of cooling. Inside the evaporator, the now cool fluid refrigerant expands, turning around into a gas. It absorbs a lot of warmth from the nearby finned loops during this process. The air from inside the trailer then, at that point blows over the evaporator. The air then, at that point returns into the compressor, and the cycle starts once again.
Other Parts of the reefer trailer consist of:
Insulated box, Air chute, Air ride suspension and Tire inflation systems.
Additional refrigerated truck body parts that you can add to your reefer trucks include:
- Rear Grab Handles
- Interior Floor Drains
- Premier LED Strip Lighting (Interior)
- Anti-Sail Mickey Mudflap Brackets
- ICC Bumper
- Insulated Rear Roll Up Door
- Stainless Steel Rear Frame
- Anti Skid Inverted T-Floor
- Aluminum Extruded Scuff Liner
- Food Grade Interior Walls
- E-Track Cargo Constraints
- Smooth Sidewalls
Refrigerated truck body builders can offer you custom designs, floorings and walls that can keep your reefer truck’s temperature constant with better efficiency. They are perfect to make your deliveries with the best fuel efficiency. Reefer trucks have smooth outer walls, making them the best spaces for making your advertisements.
The Impact Reefer Trucks have made in the transportation industry:
- Reefer trucks have played an important role in the food and logistics industry. They can easily be used to transfer wet as well as dry goods.
- Reefer trucks can be used to transport goods that have a fixed temperature. They do not allow temperature variations which help to preserve the food for longer.
- They can also be used to transport non-perishable goods but require a stable temperature for their transport.
- They are highly versatile and can be used all season long. They are ideal for the transportation of goods during the peak seasons.
- Driving a reefer truck also comes with a load of responsibilities as the driver should be careful that the reefer is set to the right temperature and always maintained and cleaned.
With the booming logistics industry, several manufacturers can provide you with reefer trucks for sale. Check every website that provides you with a reefer truck and get their quotes to find your perfect reefer truck that meets your needs and budget. Also, check whether the service provider can help you with the repairs and maintenance of your reefer trucks. Getting the original refrigerated truck body parts installed during the purchase or servicing can help increase the durability and longevity of your reefer truck.