When it comes to renovating or making your new house, you may be confused about choosing the best natural stone for different aspects of your home. You should know that natural stone can offer beauty and uniqueness to your new home.
Here is a list of the best natural stones for your new home which you can get from the stone suppliers in Sydney:
- Colour: Natural stone comes in a gorgeous array of colours. Marble and granite can range from soft pinks and beiges to classic blacks and whites to rich greens, reds, and multi-colours. The varied appearance of natural stone gives it fantastic character and creates a one-of-a-kind effect anywhere it is used.
- Finish: There is a wide variety of natural stone finishes, and new finishes are constantly appearing in the market too. Examples of finishes include: honed, polished, leathered, brushed, and antiqued. Ask your stone suppliers in Sydney about the pros and cons of the different finishes for your project.
- Usage: The harder the natural stone is, the more it can resist abrasion. Granite is basically the hardest of all the stone types. If you use a softer stone, you, as the homeowner, will have to use gentle cleansers and dust more frequently to prevent scratches and scars.
Types of natural stones
- Marble: This natural stone adds a sophisticated and aristocratic addition to your home. Its ease of maintenance and appearance make it a wide choice for floors, countertops, foyers, fireplaces, and showers. Another choice for homeowners that love marble is using serpentine for kitchen counters. It is quite often called the “green” marble. It’s not a marble truly but does offer a marble-like look. Stone suppliers in Sydney sell this type very frequently.
- Granite: Granite is available in a beautiful array of colours, and its durability and firmness make it ideal for kitchen countertops and heavily-used surfaces, including tables and floors. Granite offers an impenetrable surface, and it is not affected by coffee, tea, citric acid, alcohol, or wine. It is almost impossible to scratch and, with proper cleaning, will not stain under normal use.
- Travertine: Travertine is a type of limestone and one of the most used and popular natural stones for exterior and interior use. This natural stone is durable, low-maintenance, environmentally friendly, inexpensive, and has a nearly endless supply of colours and tones to choose from the stone suppliers in Sydney.
- Soapstone: Soapstone is growing in popularity, and its popular uses include bathroom vanities, kitchen countertops, fireplaces, and stair treads. Its ability to stay clean and heat resistance makes it popular in the kitchen. The stone can cost you a pretty penny, but it is so simple to install that you can do it yourself.
There are several variables when it comes to choosing the proper stone for your home. With all the different factors you must consider, it can be difficult to make. If you have any questions or would like to learn more, get in touch with stone suppliers in Sydney.