It is a proven fact that nuts have a lot of essential nutrients that our body regularly requires. However, raw nuts can sometimes not be good for health. They contain certain enzyme inhibitors which interrupt the regular process of digestion. But we really cannot ignore the fact that they are much necessary for our regular diets. Therefore, a process called activation of nuts is done so that the minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and other vitamins are activated thereby suppressing the enzyme inhibitors. Here is a complete guide on everything you need to know about activated nuts.
How To Properly Activate The Nuts?
The best way to activate the nuts is to soak them in normal or slightly salted water for a substantial amount of time and then dry them at low temperatures. This keeps the essential nutrients locked in and the enzyme inhibitors are suppressed properly. For example, almonds require 12-14 hours of soaking time and then another 12-24 hours of drying time. Similarly, nuts like cashews, hazelnuts, peanuts and walnuts require 7-10 hours of soaking time and another 12-24 hours of drying time. You can either dry them at room temperature by spreading them over a cloth or bake them in an oven to evaporate the water.
Qualities Of Activated Nuts
Several qualities activated nuts contain. They are as follows.
- Valuable proteins and fats: Activated Nuts have a lot of good proteins and fats that can are essential for whole body development. They are rich in these nutrients and are considered superfoods.
- Calcium-rich: Research has proven that activated nuts, especially almonds are rich in calcium and can be eaten when there is calcium deficiency in the body.
- Enhances the taste: Activated Nuts can be used as taste enhancers in various dishes and desserts. They can be ground into fine pastes and used as ‘butter’ or can be chopped and mixed with salads or baked items.
- Digestive properties: As much as raw nuts are not good for digestion due to the presence of enzyme inhibitors, activated nuts, on the other hand, are very beneficial for your digestive system. They contain the right amount of nutrients and roughage to smoothen out the process of digestion.
- Absorption of nutrients: Activated nuts also help in better absorption of nutrients in your body. Since the elements are activated, they are readily taken up by your body.
Things To Consider Before You Buy Activated Nuts
In the broader sense, there is hardly anything you need to check before buying activated nuts. However, the brand that you are going for should be a reputed one since local brands often lag when it comes to the proper activation of the nuts. If you are conscious about your health, you can check the nutrition table at the back of the package to make sure it resonates with your daily calorie intake.
Activated nuts are highly beneficial for your health. If you can just eat 4-5 nuts seeds a day, you can see a remarkable change in your body. Nuts not only help you main a healthy lifestyle but also gives you proper nutrition and a balanced diet!