Security of data is the biggest concern in the world at the moment. Everyone is on the internet right now and all their secrets are out there as well. The risk involved with someone’s data is not huge but how about the data concerns of a particular business? Their ideas can get leaked into the market causing huge losses for them. This is the reason why data wiping services need to be taken into account.
Data wiping is the process of clearing all the information on your hard drive or storage device, making it more difficult for your sensitive data to be recovered by someone else.
Why bother with data wiping? Your old computer might contain sensitive information you don’t want other people to see. Data wiping is a way of protecting that information.
Data wiping involves erasing your existing files and operating system and then reinstalling the operating system. Some companies may offer to refurbish your computer and sell it for you, saving you the trouble of having to sell it yourself.
There are various ways to wipe data and when you hire one of the reputed data wiping services available in Sydney, most of these methods can be used efficiently. Let’s take a look at different types of data wiping services
- The most common type of data wipe is to delete it. Most people think that deleting something would get rid of it. That’s not the case since you have only removed it from the visible interface. There are times when you would want to recover such data. It’s only possible by an IT expert but the data can be restored safely quite comfortably.
- The next type under data wiping services is erasing. When we look at things technically, deleting the data doesn’t mean you have done a data wipe. But the same is not the case with erasing. If an IT expert like us at Excess Technology is erasing your data, it means that it is wiping it off completely.
- Another common type of data wiping service is overwriting. This is a level above erasing your data. When you go for this type of data wipe, you will completely write over things on your system. None of your prior data is going to be accessible any longer. It is also an acceptable form of data destruction. It means that a firm like us can do this job for you complying with your privacy laws.
- Last but not the least, degaussing is included under data wiping services. A powerful magnet is used to go through this process and the data is destroyed completely. You wouldn’t know if the data has vanished or not. It is considered illegal as it doesn’t comply with legal standards for data destruction.
Importance Of Data Wiping Services
Most people are eager to know what the data wiping process is. It is because it plays a crucial role in safeguarding your information, especially when you’re running a company. If we highlight its importance, it will go something like this:
- If you’re running a business, it is important to safeguard its reputation. One of the ways to make sure of it is to go for data wiping services. When you wipe the data that you don’t need anymore, it will be impossible for it to get leaked.
- The data is under constant threat so it becomes important to go for a data wipe.
- It is a legal requirement in this day and age. The government of any given country would necessitate its action in this day and age.
If you want to take data wiping services, you should choose a company that offers a comprehensive data wiping process.