The PVC based foam tape will provide insulation and sealing against dust, air, vibration, impact and moisture. These are a flexible and compressible form of tapes, which are available in lower, medium and higher densities. The PVC Foam Tape conforms well to the right curves and irregular form of surfaces. Because of how these tapes are made, these foam options will speed out the installation process as there will be no release liner for the assemblers to just remove. These tapes also get to support the roll slitting and due cutting for some of the cost-effective material manufacturing and conversion.
The advantages you get out of it:
The PVC based form tapes have a lot of benefits and it starts with the ways those are made. At first, liquid PVC is poured right onto the casting sheet. From, there, heat is applied. The closed-cell of the PVC foam then starts to rise after getting heat to a specified thickness. Then the adhesive is directly coated.
In the next stage, the foam is wounded into one tape graded roll. Unrolling that same tape will expose off the adhesive, which is located on the inside rather than the outside portion of the tape. This construction actually eliminates the needs for using any release liner. That saves a great deal of time for the installers on their current assembly line.
Reducing material costs and more:
It is not that hard to state that the PCV foam tapes can actually reduce the material costs and meet the precise form of dimensional specifications. Learn about the benefits available before taking hold of the next stage.
- Larger rolls are mainly considered logs and those are pretty cost-effective when trying to buy. However, they will need the material conversion to perform well.
- With the help of lathe slitting, the tape converting based process, a rotating blade will be used for cutting through a log for creating some of the various tape rolls with specified widths.
- In its turn, the narrower rolls get to support the die-cutting then. The PVC foam as used in such die cut tapes will offer the much needed inherent resistance to sunlight, fire and some of the other chosen chemicals.
Application is also necessary:
Once you are sure of the advantages of using PVC foam tape, it is time to focus on the applications. These tapes are made available in multiple densities and used in HVAC, automotive, building and construction, general industrial and some of the other applications.
- The lower density PVC foam-based tapes are always a clever choice for weather-stripping. It can further replace the polyurethane foam gaskets at a rather lower cost.
- Medium density-based PVC tapes will offer that added strength and will increase the impact resistance. With higher internal strength, the higher density ones are likely to offer better cushioning.
So, be sure to get these tapes by your side and you need not have to worry later. Catch up with the professionals for the best quality tapes around here.