Unless and until Stainless Steel pipe fittings arrived and took it to another level, brass pipe fittings were preliminary employed in the industrial and commercial sectors. The inherent improvement in the material preferences came instantly after observing the impressive benefits of stainless steel for other uses.
In the present scenario, pipe fittings and flanges and instrumentation valves are composed of stainless steel.
What are Pipe Fittings?
A pipe fitting is generally employed to connect or link bores of two or multiple pipes or tubes to separate equipment. Manufacturers of stainless steel pipe fittings also suggest further deployment for pipe fittings as a fluid flow control device. You can also employ pipe fittings to close and seal any pipe.
The latent advantages of Stainless-Steel Pipe Fittings:
1) Material Benefits: The commendable combination of corrosion resistance with high strength permits reduced wall thickness and weight. Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings are resistant to heat as well as chemical damage. It can withstand very high flow rates above a certain specific limit, facilitating it capable of resisting long-term exposure to the elements in almost any environment.
2) Environmental Benefits: Stainless Steel can be employed in all peculiar types of water consisting of drinking water in public supply. It possesses a prominent resistance to the entire spectrum of portable waters, consisting of various chloride levels. At the end of its useful life, stainless steel is entirely recyclable. It retains a higher residual scrap value as compared to ordinary steel.
3) Economic Benefits: Stainless Steel is low maintenance and needs no additional coating both in indoor and outdoor applications. The anticipated life span of a stainless-steel pipe fitting system is commendable and sufficient around decades, eliminating system downtime, replacement and maintenance costs over the installation life.
Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings Applications:
With all the all-pervasive benefits that arrive with stainless steel pipe fitting, there are equally just as many applications where these fittings can be utilised. Here some of the critical beneficial areas are enumerated as follows:
- Residential and Commercial water systems are subject to various stressors.
- Commercial and Industrial stainless steel pipe fitting systems that are required to perform well under the toughest and harshest conditions
There are a plethora of stainless-steel pipe fittings available in the market, such as bushings, caps, couplings, crosses, elbows, locknut, plugs, tees, unions and valves.
Features of Stainless-Steel Pipe Fittings:
1) Excellent Corrosion Resistance: Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings possess a self-healing oxide layer that delivers protection to the pipes from corrosion and erosion. The components of stainless-steel pipe fittings deliver remarkable resistance to acids, alkalis and other harsh chemicals. These pipe fittings are highly resistant to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking.
2) Higher Strength and Robust Character: Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings are available in different combinations and grades that deliver a wide spectrum of strength. These pipe fittings deliver higher mechanical strength and formability even in hostile conditions. Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings possess high strength and resistivity at raised temperatures.
3) Allied Features:
Stainless Steel pipe fittings have augmented the strength due to work hardening that assists in cold working. These pipes deliver excellent ductility as well as elongation, even at higher pressure conditions. Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings are easy to clean, effortlessly fabricated, and cost-effective that facilitate them to become popular in the industries.
Thus, to conclude and summarise, stainless steel pipe fittings must be thoroughly reviewed and verified whether they deliver improvised functionality that is crucial and important. Ensure that the fittings are tested, that they are composed according to the domestic and international requirements and conditions.