Timber flooring is made from natural living wood planks. It possesses the ability to absorb moisture and adapt to the climatic conditions and environment that it is placed. Due to this, it is acclimatized and made to adjust as per the local temperatures before it is laid out. Several conditions can affect the proper installation of timber flooring. It includes air conditioning, ventilation, direct sunlight, humidity, extreme cold, high moisture content, and more. All of these factors determine whether the timber expands or contracts.
When professional installation companies perform the installation, they check whether the timber is allowed sufficient space for expansion or contraction during the changes in seasons. Here are some tips to keep in mind when purchasing timber flooring and its products in Schofields for installation.
- When ordering timber flooring in Schofields, do complete research and stay acquainted with the various types of timber, colour options, and the other features of the particular timber species.
- Get in touch with the industry or skilled installer and stay updated on the moisture content that the timber can adjust.
- Check whether the surrounding environment is adequately advanced to facilitate the installation of the selected timber flooring.
- Make sure that there are not many fluctuations in the temperature in humidity levels.
- Invest in screens or Window coverings to keep out direct sunlight and harmful ultraviolet rays while ensuring that the timber flooring planks are dried and free of moisture. Get the help of a moisture meter to check it out.
- When transporting timber flooring planks from one place to another, care should be taken. Ensure that each of them is carefully packed and protected before transportation. Place protective covering to prevent prolonged exposure to heat and other climatic conditions to prevent further damage caused by improper handling.
- Avoid placing heavy objects or other material that could cause damage, cracks, chips, or scratches. The protective covering should be extended to the edges of the timber flooring boards in Schofields, and protective measures are taken when lifting it up with the help of cranes.
Examine the timber at the time of delivery:
- Upon delivery, carefully check the quality of timber and any inconsistencies regarding the order. Once the delivery is completed, it is the buyer who is responsible for ensuring that the timber material remains the same as received.
- If there are any issues at the time of delivery, immediately contact your supplier about the issue.
Storage at the site:
- Storing of timber flooring planks at the site can be challenging. Avoid placing it in sheds or construction sites that do not offer protection from the Sun.
Check whether the site has adequate ventilation and sufficient air circulation. The environment should be conducive for storing the timber flooring material without exposing it to extreme temperatures, condensation, or the accumulation of moisture. Avoid evaporative cooling systems within the vicinity of the timber flooring material. It tends to cause deterioration in the timber flooring quality with constant fluctuations between wet and dry conditions.